The Coolest Smart Technology For Your Home Or Apartment
The smart home revolution has arrived, and there are now so many options for making your home or apartment more connected. Whether you want to be able to control your lights, thermostat, or security system from your phone, or you want to invest in a smart speaker like the Amazon Echo or Google Home, there's a lot of cool technology to choose from.
To help you sort through all of the different options, we've put together a list of some of the coolest smart technology for your home or apartment. Here's a rundown of all the best smart devices out there right now.
A smart thermostat is a device that can be controlled remotely by using an app and adjusted to help you save money on your energy bills. Some of the more advanced models even allow you to program them based on your location or schedule, so if you’re going to be away from home for several days, it will adjust the temperature accordingly.
This is especially handy if you have pets that need their water bowl refilled every day or if someone in your family has different temperature preferences than everyone else does!
Voice-activated lighting can be a great way to simplify your life. With the right setup, you can turn on lights or adjust their color and brightness using just your voice.
You can use voice-activated lighting in a variety of ways:
- If you’re not sure exactly what time it is but don’t really care, asking Alexa or Google Assistant for the time is an easy way to check without having to look at your phone.
- If you have trouble sleeping and decide that reading for an hour before bed will help, telling Google Assistant “Turn off my bedroom lights in 30 minutes” will do just that—and give yourself enough time to get settled before going dark (and hopefully asleep).
- If you want some extra light while working on something specific in a corner of the room where there aren't any lamps nearby, asking Google Assistant “Turn on spotlight mode in this room" will do exactly that while also turning up their brightness level by 30%.
If you’re looking for a way to save on energy costs and make your home more comfortable, look no further than smart blinds. Smart blinds can be controlled remotely using an app or voice assistant, so you can adjust them to let in just the right amount of light (or block out all of it).
Not only do they help you conserve energy by keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, but they can also give your place a more polished look. Since they’re motorized, there are no cords or strings hanging down, which can make a big difference in the overall aesthetic of your space.
Smart locks let you control access to your home via a mobile app. You can remotely lock or unlock your door, and even monitor who is coming and going.
This is a great option if you want to give someone temporary access to your home (like a dog walker or cleaning person), but don’t want to give them a key. You can also use it to keep track of when your kids come home from school or when your spouse comes home from work.
Smart security cameras
Security cameras are a great way to protect your home or apartment. They can be used to keep an eye on pets, children, and even the property itself. If you have a large house or apartment and want to make sure everything is safe and sound at all times then security cameras are the way to go! The best part is that they're easy to install; all you have to do is plug them in, set up an app on your phone/tablet/laptop, then watch as your house becomes secure from intruders. You'll never have another moment where you worry about someone breaking into your home again!
Smart speakers are a great way to play music, but they can do so much more than that. They can answer questions, control your smart home devices, and even help you make phone calls. We’re going to take a look at some of the best smart speakers available today.
- Amazon Echo: The original Amazon Echo is still one of our favorites because of its excellent audio quality, along with its ability to control other devices via voice commands (such as turning off the lights).
- Google Home: The Google Home offers many of the same features as the Amazon Echo but adds an intuitive interface that's easier to use if you're already familiar with Google's products like Gmail or YouTube.
- Apple HomePod: Apple recently released this product — it offers great sound quality but lacks support for third-party apps like Spotify or Netflix at launch time due to restrictions imposed by Apple's current licensing agreements (this could change over time).
Consult With A Smart Building Cybersecurity Solution Expert
Buildings today have ever-increasing connected systems, share data, and link to multiple networks. Effective cybersecurity is critical and requires specialized skills and experience to protect the integrity and resiliency of building operations. With so many new smart technology products in the world, how do you know what’s worth investing in?
That’s where cybersecurity solution experts come in. With the help of a team of smart building and cybersecurity experts who can help you choose the right technology for your specific needs, budget, and goals, you can make your home or apartment as secure as possible without breaking the bank.
For example, if you’re looking for a way to keep an eye on things when you’re not home, a smart security camera is a great option. But if you want to be able to control all of your smart devices from one central location, then a smart speaker might be a better choice.
cybersecurity solution experts can also help you if you are the manager or owner of a larger residential building or property. If you have multiple units, it’s important to make sure that each one is protected against cyber threats. A team of experts can help you choose the right products and services to keep your property safe, while also staying within your budget. The modern and secure features they provide raise the value of your property and give you a competitive edge in the market.
Smart technology sure is exciting! It's fun to have all the latest and greatest gadgets in your home. However, making sure they're installed properly can be complicated. That's why our experts recommend you consult with a smart building cybersecurity solution expert before installing any of these technologies in your home or apartment.
More to Read: