5 Benefits of Purchasing a Portable Air Conditioner for Your Apartment
As the world gets warmer and warmer, your portable air conditioner will be your new best friend. Love coming home to a nice cool home or apartment and wish you could take that feeling with you wherever you go? Now you can – with a portable air conditioner. Portable air conditioners are unique, because they can provide the cooling power of a traditional split air conditioning system, but at a fraction of the cost and energy waste. No more do you have to worry about getting your utility bills and feeling your jaw drop. Here are the 5 benefits of purchasing a portable air conditioner for your apartment.
- Portable air conditioners are incredibly sensible and practical alternatives to permanent air conditioning systems. If you are on the go, living in a temporary space, or if you just don’t want to be tied down to a larger system, a portable air conditioner is the way to go. If you are on the go all the time, why have a permanent system if you aren’t going to use it all the time? It is a lot more practical to have a system that you can move around with you. The same goes if you live in a small apartment.
- Portable air conditioners also have the unique benefit of portability. If you travel for business, you might be staying at a few motels with broken air conditioners – there is nothing worse on a hot summer day. However, if you brought your portable air conditioner, you could keep that sweltering motel room icy cool and refreshing. The same goes for an office with a centrally controlled thermostat. Also, what happens if you move? You can always take your portable air conditioner with you.
- Portable air conditioners are also much more affordable than traditional systems. With traditional systems, not only do you have to purchase the unit, but you also have to purchase a certain length of ductwork and then hire a crew to install it. At the end of the day you have spent upwards of $5,000 to $10,000 depending on the size of your home. Even if you have a 5 room home and you purchased a portable air conditioning unit for each room you have still only spent a fraction of what you would have spent. It is important to do load calculations before an HVAC upgrade, but portable might still be the best way to go.
- Portable air conditioners are also more efficient. Traditional systems send tons – literal tons – of carbon emissions. Not only that, but you still might not get the proper cooling in your home, thus wasting even more energy. If you want to save energy, time and money, portable units are your best option.
- Portable air conditioners are convenient. With traditional systems you have to perform maintenance multiple times a year. You have to clean coils, replace filters and patch leaks in ductwork. With a portable air conditioning unit all you have to do is press the power button and that’s it.