5 Famous Sayings About Real Estate
For many, a larger part of the American dream involves owning a home. In medieval times, land was owned not by the people who lived on it, but by noble aristocrats granted titles. And it wasn’t that long ago that only “landed” citizens were allowed to vote, making owning property a must for anyone (well, any male) who wanted a say in his governance. But these days we all just want a place to call home and an investment asset that will appreciate in value over time (barring market crashes, recessions, and such). Unfortunately, the last few years have been particularly hard on the real estate market, with many people losing their homes to foreclosure. And although it’s a buyer’s market, you might face some trepidation if you’re considering a home purchase in the current economy, with companies continuing to downsize and cut costs. However, there are few investment options as attractive as property, especially at rock-bottom prices. So here are some inspirational quotes to help you get back on the real estate horse.
- “Owning a home is a keystone of wealth… both financial affluence and emotional security.” -Suze Orman. Orman is well known as an expert on all things financial, and she’s right on the money with this quote. Owning a home will not only ensure that you have a valuable asset at your disposal, one that you can trade on in times of need, but it also offers you a certain peace of mind. A landlord can kick you out when your lease is up, and any time or money you put into a rental property is lost; you’ll never see a return. When you own a home, you stand to get back everything you put in and more, and you always have a place to rest your head.
- “Property has its duties as well as its rights.” – Thomas Drummond. It’s important to remember that reaping the benefits of home ownership requires some amount of input on your part. When you pay your mortgage diligently, stay up-to-date with maintenance and repairs, and even upgrade your property, you’ll see the rewards down the line. But if you neglect your home and fail to pay your dues, you’re more likely to lose out in the long run.
- “It’s tangible, it’s solid, it’s beautiful. It’s artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate.” -Donald Trump. It is said that you have to have passion for what you do if you want to succeed. The Donald made his fortune in real estate early on, so it’s no real surprise that he can wax poetic on the subject. Before you enter the property game, whether you’re buying a family home or looking for income options, make sure you love the land and home you’re buying.
- “The best investment on earth is earth.” -Louis Glickman. Land never goes out of style, it provides you with a tangible asset, and it nearly always goes up in value if you give it time. Because of this, it remains one of the most solid investment options.
- “Landlords grow rich in their sleep without working, risking or economising.” -John Stuart Mill. When you think of inspirational quotes to live by, this might not be at the top of your list. But the truth is that we’d all love to have a passive income that allows us to live comfortably without having to work. When you invest in rental properties you create the option to retire early and live a life of leisure, especially if you earn enough to hire a property management company.